Following on from the Governments advice to reduce social contact, from tomorrow we are taking lessons online.
Your lesson will be taught at the same time by the same teacher but we will use Google Hangouts to do the lesson.
We will contact everyone in the next couple of days to check we can get it to work and talk you through the process. In the meantime we recommend everyone who would like to try their lessons online set up Google Hangouts.
Below are details of how to get Google Hangouts to work:-
What you need to make video calls
- Broadband connection to the Internet.
- Ideally laptop or computer with internal webcam and microphone
- Tablets and Phones will also work
- USB web camera will also work. Other devices, like virtual cameras, may not work.
- Any quad core processor.
How much bandwidth you need?
Hangouts changes how much bandwidth is used based on your network.
Minimum bandwidth required
- Outbound: 300 kbps
- Inbound: 300 kbps
Ideal bandwidth for two-person video calls
- Outbound: 3.2 mbps
- Inbound: 2.6 mbps
What you need to use Hangouts
- A Google Account – you can set up a simple free Gmail account for this
- A computer or phone with a camera and microphone. Learn how to use your camera and microphone when you start a video call for the first time.
- An internet or data connection.
Once you have set up Google Hangouts please send me your google email address. We will use this to contact you through Goggle Hangouts on the day of your lesson.
You can use hangouts in any of the following ways
Once you have your account set up please email us at email@example.com with you Gmail email address
We will then arrange a time to test the online connection and to ensure the set-up is correct.
If you have any questions in the meantime please let me know.
Abby, Aubrey and everyone at Harmony Music School x