Like many we are acutely aware of the growing concern over the Coronavirus outbreak and we wanted to contact you and make you aware of the procedures we have put in place in order to minimise the risk to all those who are coming to Harmony Music School over the coming weeks.
As a business we have always taken the hygiene and health and safety of our customers and team members seriously and have maintained regular cleaning and sanitising within the school. We have now increased these measures and we wanted to make you aware of these to help provide you with some reassurance that we are taking as many steps as possible to reduce the risks of spreading germs and viruses.
What are we doing?
- We have taken advice from a commercial cleaning company to ensure that our sanitisation process is effective and all the products we are using are safe and fit for purpose.
- The schools common touch points will be completely sanitised before the school opens each day and after it closes. This will include chairs, doors, music equipment, desks, the reception and toilet areas.
- All instruments will be sanitised in between each lesson
- Teachers will be using hand sanitiser in between each lesson.
- Reception will be using hand sanitiser after handling money and before creating drinks and providing food stock
What can you do to help?
- There will be hand sanitiser on the reception desk, we ask that anyone coming into the school uses this as they enter the building
- Allow the teachers to open and close the teaching room doors
- If you use the toilets whilst in the school please wash hands for a minimum of 20 seconds and then reapply hand sanitiser
As viruses are more likely to be spread through contact we have instructed our team not to shake hands, please do not be offended if a teacher refuses a hand shake as this is nothing personal, they are simply following the advice provided.
We have absolutely no reason to believe that any of our team or customers are at an increased risk within the school and we do not want to spread panic, we are simply looking for ways in which we can maintain the highest levels of hygiene and sanitisation during this time. If advice changes, we will will adopt any new procedures necessary and we will of course keep you completely informed
We appreciate your cooperation and continued support, if you have any questions about this please get in touch
Abby and Aubrey
For more information about the Coronavirus we have listed some useful sources below:-