Guitar Teacher – Immediate Start
Harmony Music School is one of the fastest growing music schools in South Yorkshire with over 400 students. Based in Sheffield, we currently have 15 teachers and are looking for a part time Guitar teacher for two or three shifts per week (weekdays 3pm to 9.30pm, Saturdays 10.00am to 4.00pm). Please apply via email email@example.com including your current CV/work details and experience.
The role of Guitar Teacher at Harmony Music School is to provide lessons for children and adults of all ages and abilities in a one to one setting and to help provide band development classes for groups in local schools. One to one teaching will take place at our school in Ecclesfield.
You will be required to teach in line with the standards, procedures and syllabus set out by Harmony Music School.
- Teaching one to one drum lessons for 30 or 60 minute durations in line with our syllabus.
- Preparing pupils for performances, examinations, auditions, festivals, and gigs.
- Keeping accurate record of student development.
- Communicating with parents about their child’s lessons and their progress
- Developing and retaining students by effective teaching methods, including but not exclusive to good communication, structure and motivation.
- The role is for set teaching days
- You will need to available to work a minimum of 45 weeks per year; we are open on bank holidays.
- DBS check (If not able to provide this the school will complete a check on your behalf. You must have a clean record)
- Experience of teaching would be preferred, however a training programme is available. Ongoing regular training sessions are in place for all teachers whilst working a Harmony Music School.
- Ensuring that you adhere to health and safety standards, and work in line with child protection legislation.
- Self-employed role
- Hourly rate from £12.30 per hour to £16.00 per hour dependant on experience.
- Incentive bonus scheme
- Additional teaching nights are offered to teachers with high retention rates
- School Directors