Instruments & sheet music
- Microphones will not be used
- Drum students will need to bring their own sticks
- Guitar, ukulele, bass students will need to bring their own instruments
- If you have an instrument that needs retuning or restringing, please contact us to arrange a time that this can be dropped off at the school the day before your lesson. This can then be done prior to your lesson taking place and sanitised ready for you to use.
- We ask that you bring with you own sheet music at this time we will not be able to provide resources or handwritten notes. All teaching notes will be emailed to you for use at home
- Online lessons will still be available if you prefer
- We will be moving all of our online lessons to the zoom platform
Cleaning & hygiene
- Our enhanced cleaning guidance has been provided by crystal clean services ltd.
- We will disinfect all common touch points following the arrival and departure of all students
- Pianos, keyboards and drum kits will be sanitised in between each lesson
- Windows can be opened but fans have been removed
- Deep cleans will take place at the beginning and the end of each teaching day
- Although the toilets will be open, we would ask that wherever possible the use is limited to the harmony team only. Of course, if you need to use the toilet you may do so, but please check with reception to ensure that it is free as only one person at any one time can use the facilities.
- At Ecclesfield we have removed an internal wall between the piano room and the guitar room to make one large room in order to be able to provide more space for both you and the teacher
Information and updates are changing quite rapidly still, so we know that we may well have to change this as time goes on and we will keep you up to date with anything new as and when it happens.
We hope that these measures will make physical lessons as safe as possible and we would like to say thank you for your cooperation.