SAFETY FOR YOU AND OUR TEAM
COVID-19 SECURE MUSIC SCHOOL
What has changed?
Following the update from on Tuesday 22nd September 2020, we have again reviewed our procedures. As we are a Covid Secure Environment, we are at this time continuing to deliver face to face lessons. We continue to monitor the situation on a daily basis and will update you with any changes as soon as they take place.
We have worked extremely hard to ensure we were able to meet Government guidelines and operate a Covid-19 Secure School & are safely able to provide face to face lessons. You will find all our enhanced procedures detailed on this page, you will see that things have changed but it will help to keep you and our team safe. If you have any worries or would like to chat with us regarding our procedures please get in touch.
Before your lessons
- Anti-bacterial hand gel will be provided for customers and staff. Before entering the teaching rooms, you will be required to use the provided anti-bacterial hand gel thoroughly
- Temperature checks as you enter the building
- Staggered lesson times. To prevent students arriving at the same time, lessons will have staggered start times (eg 3.25pm 3.30pm 3.35pm 3.40pm). This will prevent a crossover of people coming in and out of the rooms together.
During your lessons
- We ask that all adult students come in on their own. (with the exception of carers)
- Children may be accompanied by 1 guardian or parent but not friends or siblings.
- If you would normally arrive with others, please ask them to wait your car once lessons are confirmed.
- 2 metre clear Perspex screens in all rooms.
- These will create a barrier between you and the team, similar to the ones you see at the supermarket.
- All students and teachers will be required to wear either a face shield or a face mask when in the school.
- We would ask that you bring your own whenever possible, but we will have a limited supply of PPE available for students to purchase :face shields for singing students @ £1, disposable face masks for all other students and their guardians @ 50p.
- Markings on the floor to help adhere to social distance guidelines
After your lesson
- Separate exit point – You will now exit via the back doors after your lesson
- Reception will no longer be open for people to sit or wait
- many students choose to arrive early and wait in the reception area, but at this time we ask that you wait to receive a text from us before coming into the building. This will likely be 2-3 minutes before your lesson start time.
- There is a clear Perspex screen on the Ecclesfield reception desk these will create a barrier between you and the team, similar to the ones you see at the supermarket.
- We will have a virtual reception at Broomhill. Due to space restrictions, we won’t have a receptionist at our Broomhilll branch. We will have our Ecclesfield receptionist on hand via an online link so you can speak to them should you need to, don’t forget to say hello to them when you come in.
- Reception will book lessons via card payments only. We will not be accepting cash at this time
Instruments & sheet music
- Microphones will not be used
- Drum students will need to bring their own sticks
- Guitar, ukulele, bass students will need to bring their own instruments
- If you have an instrument that needs retuning or restringing, please contact us to arrange a time that this can be dropped off at the school the day before your lesson. This can then be done prior to your lesson taking place and sanitised ready for you to use.
- We ask that you bring with you own sheet music at this time we will not be able to provide resources or handwritten notes. All teaching notes will be emailed to you for use at home
- Online lessons will still be available if you prefer
- We will be moving all of our online lessons to the zoom platform
Cleaning & hygiene
- Our enhanced cleaning guidance has been provided by crystal clean services ltd.
- We will disinfect all common touch points following the arrival and departure of all students
- Pianos, keyboards and drum kits will be sanitised in between each lesson
- Windows can be opened but fans have been removed
- Deep cleans will take place at the beginning and the end of each teaching day
- Although the toilets will be open, we would ask that wherever possible the use is limited to the harmony team only. Of course, if you need to use the toilet you may do so, but please check with reception to ensure that it is free as only one person at any one time can use the facilities.
- At Ecclesfield we have removed an internal wall between the piano room and the guitar room to make one large room in order to be able to provide more space for both you and the teacher
Information and updates are changing quite rapidly still, so we know that we may well have to change this as time goes on and we will keep you up to date with anything new as and when it happens.
We hope that these measures will make physical lessons as safe as possible and we would like to say thank you for your cooperation.
Would you like to know more?
Fill in the form below and we will come back to you asap
Covid-19 Tips & Advice
Download our tips and advice for staying safe during your music lessons
HMS SAFTEY PRACTICES
I booked my son on to a summer holiday deal and by chance decided to freshen up my music skills to. Teddy was learning drums and is only 5 years old: the teachers are patient, knowledgeable and talented.
Would definitely recommend so much so I have bought my niece a voucher for a music lesson to.
I went in with the intention of brushing up on the ukulele & have a new found confidence in my ability.
Loved this place!
AMAZING music school Aubrey and Abby as well as the other staff were always so polite, always a warm welcome to anyone who walks through the door! miss this place so much,
Would definitely recommend to anyone of any age looking to learn something new or to improve their talents 🙂
I had my first lesson with James today he was very patient and didn’t laugh when a 45 yr old was playing when the saints go marching in!
I’m looking forward to next week
Get More Information
We hope you have found this information useful and
helpful but if you can’t find what you’re looking for than
get in touch with one of us today.
We open from 3.30pm weekdays
and from 9.30am on Saturday.